In today’s digital age, we might believe that paper usage is decreasing. It’s true in many cases, but it is still required, such as printing important documents, contracts, agreements, presentations, invoices, receipts, and many others. In on-demand printing, the quality of the prints and efficient printing are crucial.
For those who spend most of their time working from home, owning a home office printer is as essential as owning a computer or laptop. In fact, having a printer within reach can offer convenience, reduce costs, and increase productivity. With so many home office printers available in the market, finding the right one to buy can be overwhelming.
Therefore, this article will highlight the most top-rated home office printers for those who are looking to improve their printing capabilities. We’ll examine each printer, including its features, pros, and cons, to help you make an informed decision.
1. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e is one of the best all-in-one printers for home office use. It is a smart printer that allows for voice control through Alexa or Google Assistant. The printer is relatively small and compact, although it is heavy at 22.7lbs. It can print up to 22 pages per minute and has a monthly duty cycle of up to 25,000 pages.
One of the most impressive features of the OfficeJet Pro 9015e is that it can handle up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dots per inch (dpi) print resolution. This means that it can produce high-quality documents with sharp, clear images and text. Additionally, the printer has Wi-Fi connectivity and supports mobile printing through HP Smart App.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e has a 250-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet output tray. It also has a 35-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF) for easy scanning, copying, and faxing. In terms of ink, the printer uses HP’s Instant Ink program, which can save you money on ink costs due to its low cost per page.
- High-quality prints due to high print resolution
- Relatively fast printing speed
- Supports mobile printing through HP Smart App
- Convenient voice control through Alexa or Google Assistant
- The printer is quite heavy and bulky
- Some customers may not like the Instant Ink program subscription model
2. Brother MFC-J805DW INKvestment Tank
The Brother MFC-J805DW INKvestment Tank is an excellent printer for those who are looking for low running costs, thanks to its INKvestment Tank system. The printer includes four high-yield ink cartridges that can help save up to 90% on ink costs per page compared to standard cartridges.
In terms of printer speed, the MFC-J805DW can print up to 12 pages per minute for black and white documents and ten pages per minute for color. It has a 150-sheet paper tray capacity and automatic duplex printing, which can reduce paper usage. Additionally, the printer comes with an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 20 pages to make scanning, copying, and faxing more convenient.
Another significant feature of the Brother MFC-J805DW is its Wi-Fi connectivity and compatibility with Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and other smart home platforms. It also supports mobile printing using Brother’s iPrint&Scan app.
- Low running costs due to ink system
- Automatic duplex printing and automatic document feeder for convenience
- Compatibility with smart home platforms
- Slower printing speed compared to other printers in its class
- The printer is not as compact as some other models
3. Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw
The Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw is a powerful laser printer that can produce high-quality black and white or color documents. It is suitable for those who have larger print volumes in their home office, thanks to a monthly duty cycle of up to 50,000 pages. It can print up to 22 pages per minute in both black and white and color.
The printer has a 250-sheet paper tray and a single-sheet multipurpose tray. Additionally, it has an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 50 sheets of paper. The imageCLASS MF644Cdw also includes duplex printing, scanning, copying, and faxing.
In terms of connectivity, the Canon imageCLASS MF644Cdw supports Wi-Fi and mobile printing capabilities. It is compatible with various mobile printing apps, including Canon PRINT Business, Mopria Print Service, and Google Cloud Print. Furthermore, it comes with a 5-inch color touchscreen that can make it easy to navigate and adjust printer settings.
- High-quality prints and fast printing speed
- Large monthly duty cycle for high volume printing needs
- Compatible with various mobile printing apps and smart home devices
- Quite large and heavy compared to other models
- The initial cost can be high, although it can save you money on ink costs in the long run
4. Epson EcoTank ET-2760
The Epson EcoTank ET-2760 is an excellent option for those who want to cut down on ink costs and reduce printer waste. The printer uses a refillable ink tank system that comes with four bottles of ink, capable of printing up to 7,500 pages in black and white and 6,000 in color. Ink refills are also relatively cheap and can save you hundreds of dollars in ink costs over time.
The EcoTank ET-2760 can print up to 10.5 pages per minute in black and white and five pages per minute in color. It also includes automatic duplexing and a 150-sheet paper tray. Additionally, it supports mobile printing through various apps, including Epson iPrint and AirPrint.
The Epson EcoTank ET-2760 uses PrecisionCore printing technology, which produces high-quality prints with sharp text and vivid colors. It also has an SD card slot and a 1.44-inch color display for easy navigation and printing.
- Low ink cost and refillable ink tank system
- High print quality with PrecisionCore technology
- Supports mobile printing
- Slower printing speed compared to other printers in its class
- Not ideal for high volume printing needs due to its paper tray capacity
5. Dell E525w
The Dell E525w is an affordable all-in-one color laser printer that is ideal for those who need to print documents occasionally. It is effortless to set up and use, making it an excellent choice for home office use. The printer can handle up to 18 pages per minute in black and white and color and has a 30,000-page monthly duty cycle.
The printer features a 150-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet output tray. Additionally, it comes with an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 15 sheets. The Dell E525w also has Wi-Fi connectivity and supports mobile printing through the Dell Document Hub app.
The Dell E525w’s size is relatively small, making it easy to fit into small spaces. It also includes automatic duplex printing to reduce paper usage and a 2.4-inch color display for easy navigation.
- Low cost
- Small and compact
- Suitable for occasional printing use
- Automatic duplex printing for paper saving
- The printer has a limited monthly paper handling capacity
- Not ideal for high-volume printing needs or large workgroups
- The printer’s cost-per-page for toners is higher than other models on this list
6. Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI
The Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI is a high-performance all-in-one color laser printer with a monthly duty cycle of up to 50,000 pages. It can print up to 30 pages per minute in black and white and color, making it ideal for those who require a high volume of prints.
The printer features a 250-sheet paper tray, a 50-sheet bypass tray, and an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 50 sheets. Additionally, it has a 5-inch color touchscreen display that is easy to navigate. The Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI also includes duplexing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities.
In terms of connectivity, the Xerox WorkCentre 6515/DNI supports Wi-Fi and mobile printing through the Xerox Print Service app and Apple AirPrint. Furthermore, it includes an Ethernet port and a USB port for additional connectivity options.
- Fast printing speed and high monthly duty cycle
- Large paper capacity
- High-quality prints with great resolution
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB connectivity options
- Quite large and heavy
- The toner cartridge capacity is relatively low
- Quite noisy when printing
7. Samsung Xpress M2070FW
The Samsung Xpress M2070FW is an affordable and compact all-in-one printer that is ideal for home office use. The printer can print up to 21 pages per minute and has a monthly duty cycle of up to 10,000 pages. It includes duplex printing, scanning, copying, and faxing capabilities.
The printer has a 150-sheet input tray and a 100-sheet output tray, making it suitable for light printing needs. Additionally, the Samsung Xpress M2070FW includes Wi-Fi connectivity and supports mobile printing through the Samsung Mobile Print app.
In terms of ink, the printer uses a one-piece toner cartridge system that can save you money on ink costs while reducing waste. It produces high-quality prints with sharp text and vivid colors, thanks to the ReCP (Rendering Engine for Clean Pages) technology.
- Small and compact
- Low cost
- The ReCP technology produces high-quality prints
- Easy to use and set up
- The monthly duty cycle is relatively limited
- The paper tray capacity is relatively low
- The printer can be noisy when printing
8. Lexmark MB3442adw
The Lexmark MB3442adw is a high-performance monochrome laser printer that can handle high-volume printing needs. It has a monthly